mute ps

Robert Bruner rrb at mathsun.math.wayne.edu
Thu Dec 15 01:19:47 AEST 1988

After reconfiguring the kernel to put root and swap on a SCSI disk, rather
than the network disk, ps has become mute!  That is, it prints headers and
nothing else, even with, say "ps axcl".  I don't know if the new kernel is
responsible or not.  The other recent change is the fact that / and /pub
are now on the SCSI disk.  I also recall ps doing this to me last spring
and don't recall what made it stop then.  Any suggestions?

[[ Make sure that /dev/vmunix is really referring to the kernel that was
booted.  --wnl ]]

Robert Bruner			rrb at mathsun.math.wayne.edu
Dept of Mathematics		rrb at jupiter.cs.wayne.edu
Wayne State University		313-577-3479