System calls in SunFortran 1.1 under SunOS4.0

David Collier-Brown mnetor!geac!geaclib!daveb at uunet.uu.net
Mon Dec 12 08:12:38 AEST 1988

phaneuf at ireqs3.UUCP (Daniel Phaneuf):
> We are porting all our software written in Fortran on a new SUN 4/280
> running SunOS 4.0 and there seems to be no way to make system calls!...
>... 		ld: Undefined symbol
> 		   _units
>
> Is there a patch out there for the libU77.a or is there a way to define
> _units?

I can't comment on the sun variant of this bug, but on may old company's
Vax we added one of the c libraries to the f77 command options and linked
an apparently proper version of _units...

--dave (you might also try sending to hotline at sun) c-b
--
 David Collier-Brown.  | yunexus!lethe!dave
 Interleaf Canada Inc. |