386i home computer?

Dr. S.I.Hariharan hari at math.uakron.edu
Thu Dec 22 02:30:34 AEST 1988

Hello,
I am close to making a decision on buying 386/i cache version as a home
computer.  I am planning to buy only 4 meg memory to start with. Will this
cause any problems?  Also, the disk that I can afford right now is the
91meg drive. Obviously I will need another disk in a couple of days.
However I have the option of buying the diskless work station. Is there
any one out there who knows about compatible disks for 386i?  Is it
possible to buy say a 150meg drive (compatible with the SUN 386i) around
2000 dollars.  Also, I am wondering if the disk controller is it already
built in the machine with cables.  If so, I can buy some thing like a CDC
Wren series drive and just stick it in the slot.

Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Please send your responses to r1hari at akronvm.bitnet

Thank you in advance.

S. I. Hariharan
Dept. of Math., University of Akron