Connecting printers to serial ports using long lines

Raghu Machiraju raghu at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Dec 21 11:04:55 AEST 1988

Recently, we moved one of the printers from a client and connected it to a
server's serial port.  Ever since, we have had problems printing files of
some considerable size.  It does seem like that the buffer is overflowing
( a rather obvious conclusion), but we are not able to discern why... the
cable has been strung through a longer path than in the previous
arrangement. we tried slowing down the baud rate through printcap
modifications , but to no avail...  Can someone give us a clue to solving
this problem

Raghu machiraju
Ohio supercomputer center
Columbus OH 43212