booting from a SCSI disk?

Robert Bruner rrb at mathsun.math.wayne.edu
Fri Dec 16 01:26:42 AEST 1988

What else do I have to do to make this possible?
I have
	1) run newfs on sd0a,
	2) copied the root partition from the network disk,
	3) made a new kernel appropriate to the new setup, which
	  works fine, except for the problem with ps mentioned in
	  separate note,
after which attempting to boot from it gave only
Exception 2C at 00005E1C

So I ran
	4) cd /usr/mdec
	   installboot bootsd /dev/rsd0a
and tried again.  This time it gets further but claims not to find the
boot block and dumps me back in the monitor.  What else should I do?

System:  3/50 with Wren IV SCSI drive, running SunOS 3.5, served by a
3/260 , also running 3.5

Robert Bruner		rrb at mathsun.math.wayne.edu
Dept of Mathematics	rrb at jupiter.cs.wayne.edu
Wayne State University