old Sun f77 under 4.0?

Mike Caplinger mc%miranda.uucp at moc.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 22 15:33:41 AEST 1988

Does anyone know of a way to use the old SunOS 3 f77 under 4.0?  I tried
copying the libraries over and linking everything -Bstatic, but even
simple programs would crash mysteriously (though they seem to compile
fine.)  For the number of times we use Fortran, I'm not sure I can justify
the real unbundled product, so I'm trying to get by on the cheap.

In the same vein, does anyone know if the new Fortran compiler for the
SPARC under Sys4-3.2_REV2 will work under 4.0?

        Mike