NIT help

Norm Jacobs norm at aphrodite.cs.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 16 19:51:28 AEST 1988

Help.   I am working on a network monitor on a Sun 3/110 running 4.0.
After testing it out I have decided that the filtering that I provide
drops too many packets.  As a result, I am looking to use the NIT packet
filtering, but It is somewhat confusing.  I have read through the man
pages, looked at the header files, and experimented on my own.  I can't
seem to get it to work.  I'm looking to filter out packets not matching
specific IP addresses, protocols, etc.  Can someone out there help me.

	Thanks in advance,
	-Norm Jacobs
	(norm at cs.wisc.edu)