inodes table?

David Edelsohn edelsohn at groucho.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 12 21:17:12 AEST 1988

Machines:  3/160 and 3/260
Software:  SunOS 3.5

With all of the discussion about the text table and the ntext parameter in
the kernel, I also noticed that on all of the Suns that act as file
servers, the inodes table always is at or at most one away from being
full; the files table is less than half full.  I have never received any
"inodes: table full" messages or have anything killed due to the table
being full.  Is pstat inquiring of this table correctly?  Should I worry
and reconfigure param.c with ninodes calculated with fudge factors like
ntext?  Why is this not acting like any other kernel table?

	Thanks, David
	edelsohn at groucho.caltech.edu