cmdtool

Mike Ubell blia!blipyramid!mike at uunet.uu.net
Thu Dec 22 01:50:08 AEST 1988

It has bothered me that cmdtool doesn't have the curtisy (or intelligence)
to use your erase, kill, ineterrupt, etc. characters.  Recently talking to
sun support I brought up the matter and the support person said it
bothered him too but the graphics people said it was not going to be
fixed.  It seems to me this is a 2 line change (with possibly some global
substitutions), but I'm only the customer.

[[ I'm not sure what you mean.  Erase, kill, word kill, interrupt, etc.
all seem to work fine for me (when I type a ^W at the cmdtool, it erases
the previous word).  Has this been broken in 4.0?  Am I misunderstanding
you?  --wnl ]]

A solution occured to me today:  use "rlogin localhost" from cmdtool.
This seems to work without any problems.  I realize that if I put the
output in a file it will have the unescaped characters in it.  Are there
any other problems?

[[ Addendum sent in later:  --wnl ]]

My guess that the save file would have may ^H's in it was wrong.  I guess
they save the screen image not the key strokes.