Rasterfile Format questions

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Sat Dec 31 08:03:32 AEST 1988

> Is there some routine to convert the BYTE_ENCODED rasters to
> STANDARD form or am I doing something wrong.

I assume that suffixes of "im1" and "im8" mean "1 bit image" and "8 bit
image", respectively.  RT_BYTE_ENCODED files are read transparently by
screenload, so a read failure probably indicates that the file is trashed.
By the way, the "elle.im8" image from surya.waterloo.edu was truncated,
and is not readable under any circumstances.  Anyone at surya care to fix
that one up?  And, it would be nice if a README was placed in the
directory, so we don't have to suck down all the images only to find that
most are not very interesting, or of particularly low quality.

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation
(407) 727-6131