How Do I Get a Pointer to the Current Window

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Sat Dec 31 07:22:49 AEST 1988

> I understand how to create FRAMEs, CANVAS's, etc., but I don't want to
> CREATE any windows at all, just use the current window.

You seem to be intent upon circumventing the regular window system.  Why
is it so important to not create any windows?  What kind of special popups
are you creating that cannot use the normal menu/window system?

You should look into obtaining and using a blanket window, described in
the Sun View Systems Guide.  This still won't let you resize the
underlying window.  I think that may be forbidden, since that window is
owned by another process, and you are, in effect, asking to poke into its
data space to modify its window parameters.

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation
(407) 727-6131