PRoblems with automount

Joe Michel-Angelo tekbspa!tss!joe at uunet.uu.net
Fri Dec 9 23:06:47 AEST 1988

cyrus at pprg.unm.edu (Tait Cyrus):
> Help!!!!!!  I am trying, for the first time, to use automount.  I can't
> for the life of me figure out how to do things so that the machine does
> not hang on commands.

Are you sure your remote host is alive? Does your kernel have the LOFS
stuff installed?  Does your remote host support normal NFS mounts (to it)?

We aren't using the SUNOS4.0 automount/LOFS, rather, the stuff shipped
with NSE under SUNOS3.4/3.5.

My configuration is simple:

	/etc/auto.master:
		/hosts	/usr/etc/auto.hosts

	/usr/etc/auto.hosts:
		machineA machineA:/dirA
		machineB machineB:/dirB
		machineC machineC:/dirC

	All one has to do is "cd /hosts/machineA" to be at machineA:/dirA.

``Works fer me''

	Joe Angelo -- Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Manager
	at Teknekron Software Systems, Palo Alto 415-325-1025
	joe at tss.com - uunet!tekbspa!joe - tekbspa!joe at uunet.uu.net