Yes, Virginia, you *can* have filenames containing '/'

Joe Michel-Angelo tekbspa!tss!joe at uunet.uu.net
Fri Dec 9 22:26:36 AEST 1988

jeff at tc.fluke.com (Jeff Stearns):
> Most of us think of '/' as a separator in Unix pathnames, but it ain't
> always so.  I just created several files with '/' in the filenames
> themselves.

We noticed the same problem here with our mac network!

Drove my find/cpio incremental backup scripts nutso! Time to "adb ." was
the only thing on my mind...

I finally resorted to breaking the </> key on all the macs...

         Joe Angelo -- Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Manager
	Teknekron Software Systems, Palo Alto 415-325-1025
	joe at tss.com - uunet!tekbspa!joe - tekbspa!joe at uunet.uu.net