Sun + DecServer 200 + LN03R?

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at heart.technion.ac.il
Thu Dec 1 22:00:29 AEST 1988

We have a LN03R (the one that prints postscript) on a DecServer 200 with a
printer queue.

My question is: can we connect to the DecServer from 'ttyA' via a serial
line and be able to use the 'lpr' software on the Sun to print on the
LN03R (we have Sun DNI 5.0, if that helps)?  If so, what software/hardware
is needed?

Furthermore, if I process the output using 'transcript' on the Sun, can I
print postscript on the LN03R using this method?  (Please note that the
'vaxprint' package mentioned in earlier volumes of Sun-Spots does not
solve this problem as the symbient on the VMS machine does not recognise
postscript).

Please reply by E-MAIL and I will summarise in two weeks.

Ephraim Silverberg,
Faculty of Biomedical Engineering,
Israel Institute of Technology,
Haifa, Israel.

BITNET  :        ephraim at heart.technion.ac.il
ARPANET :        ephraim%heart.technion.ac.il at cunyvm.cuny.edu
CSNET   :        ephraim%heart.technion.ac.il at csnet-relay.csnet
UUCP    :        uunet!heart.technion.ac.il!ephraim