Packet Filtering?

Norm Jacobs norm at spool.cs.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 31 01:40:54 AEST 1988

I am writing a network monitor for a Sun 3/110 running SunOS 4.0.  I have
it grabbing packets off the net, but a good chunk of them get dropped.
Because of this I thought I would use NIT packet filtering.  Well, I have
read the man pages, looked throug the header files, and experimented quite
a bit, but with no luck.  Can someone out there help me.  Possible with an
exaple that filters out packet not matching a particular ethernet address,
or someting else that is longer that 2 bytes.

	Thanks in advance,

	Norman Jacobs
	norm at cs.wisc.edu