CalComp Plotter Info Request

Tim Perala tperala at ub.d.umn.edu
Fri Dec 16 17:30:38 AEST 1988

Request for CalComp Plotter information.

I have no knowledge of this device.  I have a user that is considering
hanging a CalComp 1044GT 8-pen plotter off of a 3/50.  The plots will be
generated on another machine, the Sun 3/50 would just be used to spool the
plots and drive the plotter.

Does anyone have experience driving the CalComp 1044GT or a similar device
from a Sun?  Is this a "dumb" device?  How "dumb" or "smart" is it?  Does
it require a special driver?  Does it require special hardware other than
the plotter itself?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Tim Perala
Systems Software Programmer
Information Services, University of Minnesota, Duluth
(218) 726-6122