How to set /dev/console to /dev/ttyb?

Danielle Heinzer ESC1298 at ESOC.BITNET
Fri Dec 16 17:10:27 AEST 1988

How can I set the system console as a terminal on one serial port?

The terminal is already connected.  I can redirect the messages to
/dev/ttyb in /etc/rc, /etc/rc.boot, /etc/rc.local.

I have set the PROM Console I/O to serial port b as said in the PROM
manual (Sun3 EEPROM) :

           >q 1f
               00? 11
               12? .

the boot messages are still coming on the monochrome monitor.  ROM Rev.2.6
Sun 3/50

The messages, during a sunview session, are coming on the monochrome
monitor.

Is there any way to set /dev/console = /dev/ttyb ?

Regards,

Danielle Heinzer
ESA Computer Department/Computer Services
European Space Operations Centre
Robert-Bosch-str. 5
6100 Darmstadt
West-Germany