wanted: return caller program

rodgers at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu rodgers at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:17:09 AEST 1988

In v7n31, Steve Harris writes:
>  What with all the publicity about the virus, management is suddenly
>  becoming very security consicous.  ...  They want to be sure our
>  network will not be raped by some cracker dialing in on our new lines.
>  The following solution has been proposed: ...
>  I can see that there might be some tricky stuff in writing such a program.
>  ... I'd much rather use somebody else's program than write one from scratch.

We have had such a program running reliably for over 4 years.  "Callback"
is available as part of the System Manager's Toolkit (SMT), from the
Berkeley Campus Software Office.  Contact Claire LeDonne
(ledonne at violet.berkeley.edu) for details.

Good luck!

R. P. C. Rodgers, M.D.                  Telephone:
Statistical Mechanics of Biomolecules   (415)476-8910 (work)
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry  (415)664-0560 (home)
University of California, Box 1204      E-mail:
Laurel Heights Campus, Room 102         ARPA:   rodgers at cca.ucsf.edu
3333 California St.                             rodgers at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu
San Francisco CA 94118                  BITNET: rodgers at ucsfcca
USA                                     UUCP:
                                     ...ucbvax.berkeley.edu!cca.ucsf.edu!rodgers