Swapping on two disks (OS4

Bernard Silver bs30 at sirius.gte.com.csnet
Mon Dec 12 20:36:58 AEST 1988

I have a Sun 3/160 with two Xylogics disks and I swap on both.

Under OS 3.5 I did this by:

a) Suitably partioning/labelling the disks
b) including the line "swap on xy0b and xy1b" in my /usr/sys/conf/HOSTNAME
c) defining xy1b to be of type swap in /etc/fstab, and
d) making sure that /etc/swapon -a was called at boot time.

Under 4.0, I get syntax errors if I put "swap on X and Y" in the file
(now /usr/sys/sun3/conf/HOSTNAME).
When swapon -a is executed, it does say the right thing
("adding /dev/xy1b as swap device" or something similar) but I'm not sure
that I really am getting the desired behaviour.

So, could someone tell me how to find out how much swap space I have, and,
if the above is not correct, how to do it right!

	Thanks,
	Bernard	 Silver
	silver%gte.com at relay.cs.net
	silver at ai.ai.mit.edu