"Chat" script?

Mark Nagel nagel at ics.uci.edu
Sat Dec 3 07:53:10 AEST 1988

Hi, you seem to know a bunch about UUCP under SunOS 4.0 so I thought I
might ask you a question.  Specifically, you mention a 'chat script'.  Now
I may be blind, but I've seen no mention of this in the 4.0 manuals.  Can
you provide me with a pointer to this?  Our situation is that we need to
connect to a dataswitch first, request the modem, and then begin the
standard modem commands.  Will chat scripts let you do this?  We currently
use an *old* UUCP that we still have sources to that we've hacked to let
us do what we need.  But if 4.0 UUCP is better, I'd rather use that.

TiA,
Mark