3/60 Sun Common Lisp 2.1 with KEE segmentation fault

Doug Roberts roberts%studguppy at lanl.gov
Sat Dec 10 10:35:35 AEST 1988

> Ocasionally (1-5+ times/week) the Lisp gives a segmentation fault and
> locks or forces the Lisper to restart. Sun and Intellicorp are busy
> pointing fingers at each other, any suggestions as to where to look for
> the error?...

We have found many ways to get segmentation faults while running KEE on
our Suns -:{.... floating point errors, operations on the wrong data
types, KEE bugs, etc. etc. etc...

Until we get a reasonable debugging environment for lisp on the Sun, we
are all sentenced to long, painful debugging sessions when these problems
occur.

--Doug

Douglas Roberts
Los Alamos National Laboratory