How Do I Get a Pointer to the Current Window?

David Geary ssc-vax!dmg at beaver.cs.washington.edu
Thu Dec 22 00:09:26 AEST 1988

I know how to go about creating windows under Suntools, but I can't seem
to find any information about how one would get a pointer to the CURRENT
window the program is running in.

I have an application where I want to make the window the application is
running in fullscreen size.

I am also developing some pop-up menus of my own (a different application
than that above), and I'd like to be able to:

1)  Get a pointer to the current window.
2)  Save the portion of the window's bitmap that I'm going
    to draw over.
3)  Draw the pop-up menu.
4)  Take down the pop-up and replace with bitmap saved in step 2.

I understand how to create FRAMEs, CANVAS's, etc., but I don't want to
CREATE any windows at all, just use the current window.

  As usual, thanks for any help.

David Geary, Boeing Aerospace