netmask problems

VINCE at UCONNVM.BITNET VINCE at UCONNVM.BITNET
Fri Dec 9 18:25:11 AEST 1988

We are having problems implementing netmask on a Sun 3/160 with several
diskless clients.  Setting the netmask option on the server (3/160) in the
ifconfig command in rc.boot seems to have no effect, but it works on the
clients, with the effect that communications are very bad until one logs
in to the 3/160 and actually types the ifconfig command.  Is this a
problem in the ie0 driver, or have we missed something. (The clients are
all using the le interface.)  We dont what to have someone be forced to
log in and type a magic incantation after every reboot.

       Vince at Uconnvm.bitnet
Acknowledge-To: <VINCE at UCONNVM>