Need SunView Help

Ellery Chan ellery at trantor.harris-atd.com
Fri Dec 30 15:57:32 AEST 1988

I'm paraphrasing the questions from David Geary:  1) How can I get a
pointer to the window my application starts in?  2) How can I resize that
window?  3) How do I draw into that window?

I believe it is considered impolite to resize or draw in someone else's
window.  The usual approach is to have your application create its own
base frame.  That way you'll have the handle for it, you can resize it,
and you can easily create a canvas within it on which to draw.

Of course, if you really do want to manipulate the existing window you'll
probably need to poke around in the SunView System Programmer's Guide for
help.

Ellery Chan
Advanced Technology Dept.
Harris Corp., Melbourne, FL