Sun-Spots Digest, v6n13

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Wed Feb 10 13:46:04 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST         Tuesday, 9 February 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 13

Today's Topics:
                    NFS mailing list formation notice
                 Re: MacPaint to Sun Rasterfile converter
                           Re: A weird NFS bug
                  Re: Problems with in.routed and the yp
                  Converting block numbers to file names
                      A solution to the pty problem
        Floating-Point Programmer's Guide for the Sun Workstation
                       RPCSRC - I can't get them...
                        Software for Anonymous FTP
                       silo overflow error message?
       Why doesn't SunOS Unix use hardware FPA when its available?
                            Cpu board repair?
           How should line printer daemon output filters work?
                            New Fujitsu drive?
                         ADA compiler on the SUN?
                               Escher icon

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
Recent backissues are stored on "titan.rice.edu".  For volume X, issue Y,
"get sun-spots/vXnY".  They are also accessible through the archive
server:  mail the word "help" to "archive-server at rice.edu".

Date:    Fri, 29 Jan 88 02:58:51 CST
From:    sob%bcm.tmc.edu at tmc.edu (Stan Barber)

As per a discussion at the TCP/IP conference in December, I have agreed to
host a discussion of NFS. While this discussion is mostly oriented toward
PC-NFS and MAC-NFS and so on, "large" computer NFS discussions are also
welcome.

If you would like to join the list, send mail to nfs-request at tmc.edu.  If
you would like to send an article to the list, send mail to nfs at tmc.edu.

Stan Barber, NFS list coordinator