Sun-Spots Digest, v6n116

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Mon Jun 20 12:07:19 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST           Sunday, 19 June 1988       Volume 6 : Issue 116

Today's Topics:
                          Re: Sun 3/50 eyestrain
             Re: Anti-Glare/Polarizing Screen for 19" screens
                    Re: tape drive sharing via switch
                       Re: Binders for the manuals
                    Re: Direct Sun <--> PSN connection
          Re: Summary of investigation into Backup Applications
                           Re: SunOS 4.0 & sed
                     Re: New TCP/IP release and Sun 3
               Strange behaviour of pw_line() under SunView
                                 NFS bug?
                             386i GPIB cards?
                           TIFF to Rasterfile?
                         HyperC*rd for the Suns?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Fri, 10 Jun 88 08:50:24 PDT
From:    weiser.pa at xerox.com
Subject: Re: Sun 3/50 eyestrain

Something I and others have used that seems to helps a lot in some kinds
of bad lighting situations: a cardboard lightshield.  This is just a thing
you make yourself from an 8.5x11 (A4) piece of cardboard, taped to the top
of the CRT so that the overhead light does not directly strike the screen.
Works wonders.

-mark