Sun-Spots Digest, v6n97

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Wed May 25 04:06:17 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST           Monday, 23 May 1988         Volume 6 : Issue 97

Today's Topics:
                  Re: Interrupt button under SunView (2)
                           Re: Consult/Gateway
                            Re: silo overflow
                           Ciprico Rimfire 3220
                          Oops: my termcap entry
                         More on iechkcca panics
                                 fig2tex
              Wanted - board to do group 4 compression FAST
                       Any info on big, quiet disks
           Need TEKTRONIX emulator for PC via Ethernet Network
                        SunOS 4.0 Device Drivers?
                            tape file systems?
                     LaserWriter II running on Suns?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Fri, 20 May 88 08:17:04 EDT
From:    Chuck Musciano <chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com>
Subject: Re: Interrupt button under SunView (1)

If your application is running under the window system, all you need to do
is to attach an event proc to the base frame.  This event proc will see
every event that is passed to your window, regardless of whether the
number crunching is going on or not.  You can then look for a certain
keystroke (^C would be good) and act on it accordingly.  A sample proc
would be

static  Notify_value    event_proc(frame, event, arg, type)

Frame   frame;
Event   *event;
Notify_arg      arg;
Notify_event_type       type;

{
	if (event_id(event) == '\003' && event_is_down(event)) {
	   /* set some flag telling the integration to stop */
	    return(NOTIFY_DONE);
	    }
	else
	   return(notify_next_event_func(frame, event, arg, type));
}

After you have created your base frame, before you call
window_main_loop(), insert the event proc with:

	notify_interpose_event_func(frame, event_proc, NOTIFY_SAFE);

Your event proc will see every event passed to the base frame, including
keystrokes.  You can also monitor the state of the window, to track
whether it is opened or closed.  Examples of this, and more information,
can be found in the chapter on the Notifer, in the SunView Programmer's
Guide.

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation