Sun-Spots Digest, v6n99

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Thu May 26 03:23:52 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Wednesday, 25 May 1988       Volume 6 : Issue 99

Today's Topics:
                        Re: SUNOS 4.0 IS HERE (2)
                    Re: Sun/LISP/KEE/68881 problems...
                               Re: ESTALE?
                       Re: NFS disk block sorting?
                          Decnet mailer for Suns
                           TIOCCONS (+program)
                           Miranda for the SUN
                               Xylogics 753

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Mon, 23 May 88 17:48:54 mdt
From:    era at scdpyr.ucar.edu (Ed Arnold)
Subject: Re: SUNOS 4.0 IS HERE (1)

In v6n93, Steve Blair <ascway.UUCP!scb at spar-20.spar.slb.com> writes:

 >3) If you've not  taken the time to read the following, you'd BETTER:
 >
 >   Sun p/n: 800-1753-06 System Services Overview
 >   this manual is for understanding what the re-write means to YOU!!
 >
 >   Sun p/n: 800-1732-15 Installing the SunOS
 >   this manual is to try to help you install this major release!!
 >
 >These are available from your Sun salesman by special request. That's how
 >I got mine.

Whoooa there.  If your Sun salesman is like ours, chances are he's got too
many things to do, so doesn't need requests for something you've already
got (or are about to get).  The above are part of the full manual
shipment:
"Installing the SunOS" is in the System Administration Manuals minibox;
"System Services Overview" is in the Reference Manuals minibox.