Sun-Spots Digest, v6n78

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Mon May 9 10:55:41 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST            Sunday, 8 May 1988         Volume 6 : Issue 78

Today's Topics:
                       Re: csh file completion bug
                          Re: Looking for ypchfn
                    Re: A Question about Shared memory
                     Connecting SCSI disks to a 3/50?
                  Big partitions don't work in 3.4 !!!!
           More fun for color fans, yet another colormap editor
                   More about 8mm videotape for backups
                    problem with VMS Fortran Resolved
     Problem with making selections of emphasized text in tty windows
                         Looking for APL for Sun
                             SIMULA on SUN 4?
                       Appletalk on Sun MCP board ?
                               Using icons?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Mon, 2 May 88 18:08:34 edt
From:    umix!oxtrap!rich at rutgers.edu (K. Richard Magill)
To:      mrd at sun.mcs.clarkson.edu
Subject: Re: csh file completion bug

If you get escape completion in your csh you aren't running csh at all.
You are really running tcsh which is a set of modifications to the csh
source.

csh, as distributed does not do escape completion.

Not having sources, MY csh does not expand.  (thus we use ksh, but that's
another story :-).

[[ You are either running a old release of SunOS or you don't know how to
enable the feature.  Even 3.2 is *distributed* with a version of the csh
that does file name completion when the csh variable "filec" is set.  Try
"set filec" and then "ls ^D" or "ls a-ESC".  Or just look carefully at the
manual page for csh(1) (search for "filec").  --wnl ]]