Shutting down a Sun System with a Shell Script?

STELLABO at CSHLAB.BITNET STELLABO at CSHLAB.BITNET
Wed Nov 23 04:01:44 AEST 1988

Is there anyway to perform the following steps in a shell script from
crontab on a Sun 3/280s file server:

        1) Bring the system down to single user with the Shutdown Command

        2) umount the /usr file systems

        3) Perform a level (1-9) on the /usr file system

        4) Re mount the file systems.

        5) Bring the computer up in multi user.

I have tried putting the above commands in a script and running the script
as super user with 'nohup' set, but my script is killed when the system
goes down to single user.

Thanks for your help.

Fred J. Stellabotte
stellabo at cshlab.BITNET