Sun-Spots Digest, v7n7

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at Rice.edu
Wed Nov 9 02:01:47 AEST 1988

                             Re: sun sources

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Sat, 29 Oct 88 12:45:43 PDT
From:    "John D. Polstra" <cfg!polstra!jdp at uunet.uu.net>
Subject: Re: SunView questions on video retrace and color icons
Reference: v6n265

After trying some experiments a while back, I determined that the icon
uses the same color map as the base frame.  Here is a simple example which
creates a frame with a 4-color icon:
________________________________

#include <suntool/sunview.h>

#define CMSNAME		"test"
#define NCOLORS		4

                                    /* RED  GRN  BLU  VIO */
static unsigned char rmap[NCOLORS] = { 255,   0,   0, 255 };
static unsigned char gmap[NCOLORS] = {   0, 255,   0,   0 };
static unsigned char bmap[NCOLORS] = {   0,   0, 255, 255 };

main()
{
    Frame frame;
    Pixwin *pw;
    struct pixrect *pr;
    Icon icon;

    /* Create a frame */
    frame = window_create(0, FRAME,
	WIN_HEIGHT,			300,
	WIN_WIDTH,			300,
	FRAME_CLOSED,			TRUE,
	0);

    /* Set up a 4-color map for the frame */
    pw = (Pixwin *)window_get(frame, WIN_PIXWIN);
    pw_setcmsname(pw, CMSNAME);
    pw_putcolormap(pw, 0, NCOLORS, rmap, gmap, bmap);

    /* Build a simple color pixrect for the icon */
    pr = mem_create(64, 64, 8);
    pr_rop(pr,  0,  0, 32, 32, PIX_SRC|PIX_COLOR(0), (struct pixrect *)0, 0, 0);
    pr_rop(pr, 32,  0, 32, 32, PIX_SRC|PIX_COLOR(1), (struct pixrect *)0, 0, 0);
    pr_rop(pr,  0, 32, 32, 32, PIX_SRC|PIX_COLOR(2), (struct pixrect *)0, 0, 0);
    pr_rop(pr, 32, 32, 32, 32, PIX_SRC|PIX_COLOR(3), (struct pixrect *)0, 0, 0);

    /* Build an icon with the color pixrect, and install it in the frame */
    icon = icon_create(ICON_IMAGE, pr, 0);
    window_set(frame, FRAME_ICON, icon, 0);

    window_main_loop(frame);
    exit(0);