Bug in Gammontool

Felix Lee flee at shire.cs.psu.edu
Thu Nov 10 16:57:47 AEST 1988

> [[ I believe so.  I still think that gammontool cheats, even more so after
> this message.  --wnl ]]

If gammontool cheats, then I cheat better.  I'm currently ahead by about 400
games.  It's fairly easy to maneuver it into a situation where you can gammon
it at 64 games...  Backgammon is a game of skill, not chance :-).
--
Felix Lee	flee at shire.cs.psu.edu	*!psuvax1!shire!flee

[[ I see.  So after I have skillfully blotted one of his men, filled in my
inner table, and held him at bay while carefully bearing men off, I should
consider him the more skillful player when he wins by rolling two double
sixes in a row?  That's either chance or cheating.  Quite seriously, the
program probably doesn't cheat.  I just have a selective memory. :-)
--wnl ]]