Creating and Destroying Windows?

d. majumder mephdbo%prism at gatech.edu
Wed Nov 30 02:37:19 AEST 1988

It was very interesting to know about the problem of dynamically creating
and destroying TTY in Srnivas's recent posting. I also run into that
problem but not with TTYs . It is with windows/panels/canvases in general.
I have to open up new canvases and then destroy them when done. Now
sometimes that causes problems in the from of sys crash !!(Panic: Bad
RmFree), or program aborting, etc. It seems that some cleanup is not being
done when I destroy the window. So my question is ,will the use of
_cleanup(), as Srinivas suggested, work in my case or it is something
else.

Thanks

Deeptendu Majumder
mephdbo at prism.gatech.edu