Sun-Spots Digest, v6n271

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at Rice.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:25:53 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST         Sunday, 23 October 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 271

Today's Topics:
          Administrivia: Volume 6 index now split into two files
                        Re: failed login requests
                     Re: Nfs mounted /usr/spool/mail
                      Re: MX sendmail for Sun OS 3.5
                Re: wanted: more interesting screen saver
                    `bmx' - Bitmap Conversion Utility
                   ALM2's and modems:  Sun patch exists
                         selection_svc in SunView
                         Selection library error
                           YP file in SUNOS4.0
                        Suntool background screens
                   Problems with 'pw_line()' under 4.0
                       Problem with Textsw windows
                        Over-eager uucp callback?
                       IBM 3180 terminals on Suns?
                 When will sun have ANSI-ish C compilers?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Fri, 21 Oct 88 16:56:15 CDT
From:    William LeFebvre <phil at Rice.edu>
Subject: Administrivia: Volume 6 index now split into two files

Because of the overwhelming size of the Volume 6 index, I have also made
it available as two separate files.  All three files are available in the
archives under "sun-spots".  Here is a current list (the sizes are sure to
increase on a regular basis):

133721  Oct 19 12:44  v6.index
 65477  Oct 19 13:18  v6.index.a-m
 68244  Oct 19 13:18  v6.index.n-z

The second file contains subjects that start with the letters A through M
(case insignificant).  Similarly for the third file (N through Z).

	William LeFebvre