Sun-Spots Digest, v6n279

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at Rice.edu
Mon Oct 31 13:29:26 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST         Sunday, 30 October 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 279

Today's Topics:
                 Re: Dvi previewer to run under suntools
                      Re: FPU problems in Sun 4/110
              Re: RBG monitor for my 150G; power line blues
                Re: Remove booting a Sun-3/280 -- failure!
                        Re: TTY Windows in Sunview
                            GKS for X windows
                       Shift operations on a Sun 4
                   More on duping 3-1/2" disks on 386i
                       386i rlogin to sun3 problem
                         Quota system questions
                           emergency bootables?
                 Algebraic Calctool with Trig Functions?
                        single user while dumping?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Tue, 25 Oct 88 15:45:09 -0700
From:    greg at aerospace.aero.org
Subject: Re: Dvi previewer to run under suntools

A number of people have posted questions about a good dvi previewer for
SunView. The one we use is called "texsun" and it comes both as part of
the X.V11R2 user contributed distribution (it is hidden away with "texx",
just fix the makefile to also make texsun), and with the "TeX"
distribution from one of the TeX archives.

One really nice thing about texsun is that it uses "gf" format fonts,
which come with most TeX distributions. It also has a pretty nice mouse
interface (although it is not fancy).

snailmail: Greg Sassenrath                   ARPA: greg at aerospace.aero.org
 	   M4-927
	   The Aerospace Corp.