Questions for Vector Processor Users

David Scott Mead gcm!dsm at uunet.uu.net
Wed Dec 6 06:26:39 AEST 1989

TO ALL USERS OF SKY COMPUTER PRODUCTS, USERS OF VECTOR PROCESSING
PRODUCTS, OR ALL OTHERS HAVING HELPFUL KNOWLEDGE:

Our firm is considering purchasing and installing a SKYbolt Application
Accelerator for Sun Workstations to be installed in a Sun 4/110 running
SUNOS 4.0.3.  The accelerator is a vector processing board which is
produced by SKY Computers, Inc.  We are interested in learning of other
users' experiences with this product (and other such products) and the
software that accompanies it:

SKYVEC C Compiler Assembler and Linker
Symbolic Debugger Math Libraries
sim860
simulator
adb860
debugger
gdb860
debugger

   In particular, the products we will purchase are:

  		Model #8124-S SKYbolt Application Accelerator
		BCTCB-X       C-Compiler
		BATNB-X       SKYbolt Drivers
		BTTNB-X       SKYbolt Linker, Assembler, Debugger, Simulator

We would like to know the positive and negative experiences of other
users, criteria for evaluating the performance of such products, and how
well the products have performed for other users, especially in comparison
with the manufacturer's claims.  Thank you very much for your time.

						David S. Mead
						Greenwich Capital Markets, Inc.
                                                uunet!gcm!dsm  OR
                                                dsm at gcm!uunet.uu.net