Bad YP handling

Steven V. Christensen schriste at uceng.uc.edu
Sun Dec 3 00:29:42 AEST 1989

I think I may have sent this request out imbedded in another problem, but
here it is specifically.

Machine A: Sun 3/60, SunOS 4.0 (I know...), YP server
Machine B: Microvax II, Ultrix-32 V3.0 (Rev 64), YP client

Situation: When I run "make all" in /var/yp on the Sun to re-make and
redistribute the YP databases, it says (for example):

updated passwd

yp server not registered at <Machine B>.

yp server not registered at <Machine B>.
pushed passwd

... and so on for the other databases.  I verified that the YP service is
correctly running on the MicroVAX, and in fact I can log in on the VAX,
showing that it correctly uses the YP databases.  The files _do_ correctly
end up on the VAX, though when I don't know.

Could I have a problem in one of the /etc files?

Thanks for help in advance,
	Steven

Steven V. Christensen
U.C. College of Eng.