3rd Party Shoeboxes?

bret at codonics.com bret at codonics.com
Thu Dec 14 13:47:41 AEST 1989

These questions ought to be on the frequently asked questions list, but
I've been skimming this group for some time with no luck, so here goes:
(For that matter, I haven't seen a FAQ list, either ;-)

[[Someday :) -bdg]]

Who's got the best deals on SCSI shoeboxes? I'd like to get a second
shoebox with at least 327MB of disk for my Sun 3/80. Upgrading my primary
disk (CDC Wren IV) to something larger might be an option, but I'd like to
avoid third party stuff for my primary drive, and Sun's prices are too
high. Any recommendations appreciated.

Is there any chance of the internal drives (3 1/2") approaching these
capacities any time soon?  Also, what are the best periodicals to
subscribe to in order to find advertisements for this kind of stuff for
Suns?

Lastly, what is a Sun-Spot? How does is relate to comp.sys.sun? Is it
affiliated with Sun Microsystems, Inc.?

[[Ed's Note: Sun-Spots is a mailing list which attempts to cover topics
of technical interest to the Sun user community. It is related to
comp.sys.sun simply by the fact that the complete contents of the Sunspots
digest is also reflected to the Usenet community via comp.sys.sun. So, for
all reasonable purposes, Sunspots and comp.sys.sun are one and the same.
Sunspots is an independent electronic publication which derives its
financial backing (in terms of computer time and space) from the Computer
Science Department of Rice University. Sunspots is not affiliated with Sun
Microsystems in any way, shape, or form. -bdg]]

bret at codonics.com
uunet!codonics!bret
Bret Orsburn