PCNFS and SUN OS 4.0.3

franck boissiere boissier at irisa.irisa.fr
Tue Dec 12 02:08:16 AEST 1989

I upgraded recently from Sun OS 3.4 to 4.0.3 and I could not run pcnfsd on
it.  The given installation script adds the following line to inetd.conf:

pcnfsd/1 dgram  rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/etc/rpc.pcnfsd     rpc.pcnfsd

it then compiles the pcnfsd program right but whenever I reboot I always
get an error message:

Dec 11 15:24:47 ihm1 inetd[244]: pcnfsd/rpc/udp: unknown service

If I run rpc.pcnfsd manually it runs fine.  How can I tell inet to run it
when needed?

Thanks in advance
Franck

Franck BOISSIERE                        boissier at irisa.irisa.fr
Prototyping Lab Manager                 boissier at ccettix.UUCP
C.C.E.T.T.   B.P. 59                    boissier%irisa.irisa.fr at uunet.uu.net
35512 CESSON SEVIGNE CEDEX  FRANCE