Info on scanners? -- RFI

Mike Thompson iotek!mike at uunet.uu.net
Wed Dec 13 08:16:24 AEST 1989

Our company is interested in purchasing a scanner for the inclusion of
drawings in documents (we have several SUN workstations as well as PC's
running PC-NFS, we would prefer to run the scanner off of a sun but a PC
based scanner would be considered). I am interested in what kinds of
experiences people have had with scanners and their associated software
(good, bad, and indifferent), first hand experiences would be preferred.

Thanks in advance, I will summarize to the net.

If this posting looks similar to a posting in comp.periphs from a couple
of weeks ago, it is not surprising. I did post a similar RFI and received
a total of two responses, one of which was a "me too", needless to say I
am hoping for a slightly more enthusiastic response this time.

Michael A. Thompson, Iotek Inc, |*| E-Mail: mike at iotek.uucp    |*| Have
1127 Barrington St., Suite 100, |*| Fax:    (902)420-0674      |*|   a Good
Halifax, N.S., B3H 2P8, Canada  |*| Phone:  (902)420-1890      |*|     Day :-)