Switch settings for second ALM-I in a Sun 3/160 needed.

stefan mochnacki stefan at centaur.astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 13 06:53:01 AEST 1989

We have a second ALM-1 to install in a Sun 3/160. It has one of the newer
MultiBus-VME adapters, so I have some freedom about slot placement.
However, I can't find anywhere what settings have to be made on a SECOND
ALM-1. The config file has information containing:

mti0      csr 0x620      mtiintr 0x88   (among other things...)
mti1      csr 0x640      mtiintr 0x89

How do these differences translate to switch settings on the ALM's and
adapters? I can't easily locate any useful documentation, and people with
multiple ALM's around here have ALM-II's, not I's. I would be VERY
grateful if someone can tell me what the differences are (the 2nd board
came configured as a 1st ALM in a 3/160).

Stefan W. Mochnacki          INTERNET - stefan at centaur.astro.utoronto.ca
Astronomy, U. of Toronto     UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios!stefan
Ph. (416) 884-9562           BITNET - mochnacki at utorphys.bitnet