uucico graded transfers supported?

williams at cs.umass.edu williams at cs.umass.edu
Thu Dec 14 04:54:13 AEST 1989

We get all of our mail and news via uunet and would like to be able to
call them during the day and be assured of getting only mail and not news,
even if we missed getting the news the previous evening.

According to the stuff I got from uunet, some versions of BNU support
graded trasfers so you can say Any/Z,Any1900-0700 in the L.sys file to
only transfer mail during the day and news in the evening.

On the Sun, there is a grade option for the uucp command but not for the
uucico command.  I assume that this means that Sun only supports grades on
the local end, that is - to select which file on my end to execute when
invoked, and does not pass the grade info to a polled remote which is what
I think is needed to do what I want.  Can someone either confirm that this
is the case or explain to me how to make remote graded transfers work if
it isn't?

Thanks,
Leo Pinard    c/o    williams at cs.umass.edu