LAT implementations

Matt Kingman kingman at tci.bell-atl.com
Thu Dec 28 00:50:11 AEST 1989

grootwass at tawc1.eglin.af.mil (Grootwassink, David) writes:
|I am running some Sun-4's in what was a heavily entrenched DEC VAX/VMS
|environment.  I can only speak to the other Suns on our network with
|TCP/IP, all else must be done in DECnet.   Sunlink DNI has fulfilled most
|of my networking protocol requirements, however one thing that is lacking
|from it is an implementation of LAT  (Local Area Transport), the protocol
|that DEC uses for it's terminal servers.  Since the chances of me getting
|my management to buy anything not made by Digital (like a useful terminal
|server that spoke both LAT and TCP/IP) are minimal, does anyone know of a
|LAT implementation for the Sun?

The next release (V 5.0) of CommUnity-UNIX (ie. Sunlink DNI) from
Technology Concepts will feature a STREAMS implementation of the DECnet
protocol stack *plus* a LAT server.  I don't know if Sun will incorporate
any of our new stuff in their next release of Sunlink DNI.  *Expected*
release date is first quarter '90.  Your mileage may vary...