RCS sources (revis

Jeremy J. Epstein virtech!jje at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 19 05:12:15 AEST 1989

Thanks to the (many!) people who have offered and/or given pointers to the
RCS sources.  I'll take someone up on that.  The real question which I was
wondering about (but didn't explicitly state) is why Sun doesn't
distribute RCS as part of SunOS.  Yes, I know that Walter Tichy holds the
copyright, but there are plenty of other vendors who distribute binaries
with their releases, maintaining Tichy's copyright.  For example, HP-UX
contains RCS on both 9000/3xx (680x0 processors) and 9000/9xx (RISC
processors) systems.  Why doesn't Sun do that, instead of forcing everyone
to get the source & do their own port?

Thanks for the enlightenment!
--Jeremy Epstein
TRW Systems Divison