FrameMaker and HP LaserJet Series II

J. Stephen Adamczyk edg1!jsa at uunet.uu.net
Tue Dec 19 05:58:02 AEST 1989

The FrameMaker publishing software package comes highly recommended, but I
discovered when I got my demo copy that it requires a PostScript printer.
Unfortunately, what I have is an HP LaserJet Series II.

Is there a software and/or hardware solution that will allow connection of
FrameMaker on a Sun 3/50 to the LJII?  (OS version is still 3.5, because
it's a 4 meg 3/50).  Print speed is not a big issue, but cost is --
FrameMaker is fairly expensive to start with, and adding the cost of a
PostScript printer or a $2,500 board would make it extremely expensive.

Has anyone used GhostScript to do this?

Steve Adamczyk
Edison Design Group
(201) 744-2620