Need X-based vt1xx emulator for Sun

jkimball at src.honeywell.com jkimball at src.honeywell.com
Wed Dec 13 06:46:38 AEST 1989

I need an Xwindows-based vt1xx or vt2xx terminal emulator for Suns which
will

   o handle vt1xx "graphics" correctly;
   o provide emulation of the keypad.

Those are the two places where the xterm which we have around here fails.
What I want to do is do telnets to some VAX/VMS machines (sigh) and run
some applications which expect to be running on a vt1xx or vt2xx.

Freely-redistributable stuff is most welcome (of course), but we could
probably spring some $$$ for such a thing, if it really works.  I'd prefer
X over Sunview, since most everyone here works under X.  Still . . .

Please respond by mail, and I'll summarize if indicated.

Thanks!
John Kimball

[[Ed's Note: This subject has been previously covered and, in fact, was
recently summarized in v8n216. From looking at the contents of your message,
it appears that your best bet is 'crttool' available from
modular!olson at arizona.edu (please note that this is a corrected address
from the one posted in v8n216) -bdg]]