Suitable Sparcstation 1 for X

Nicholas Jacobs toro!nick at uunet.uu.net
Fri Dec 15 11:03:02 AEST 1989

We are currently evaluating workstations, one of which is a Sparcstation
1.  Eventually we may want to run X windows on the machine and we are
concerned about a suitable configuration of hardware. One of the possible
configurations is a machine with 8 Mbytes and a single disk (~100 Mbytes)
for local swap and personal files for the user of the workstation.

Is this sufficient? Obviously, the more memory the better but we would
like to keep initial costs down. Please email me any responses.

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas Jacobs