WordPerfect

Mark Smith canon!smith at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Tue Dec 12 23:54:25 AEST 1989

Last week I posted a query about compatibility between PC and Sun versions
of WordPerfect. The consensus is that they are very compatible.  It was
pointed out that the terminals used should support programmable function
keys, including Cntl, Alt, and Shift modifier equivalents to give the same
feel as a PC keyboard. (We were going to use our old PCs as terminals, but
our terminal emulator uses the Alt+Fn keys for itself, so we can't
properly emulate a PC with a PC. Sigh...) Limited and imperfect PostScript
output was also mentioned.

One other thing...from jpoole at ucsd.edu (Jude Poole):

> Also the $900 price was low for us since we have 70 or 80 people who
> use the system fairly frequently.

We have 3 admin people who would use it; we were quoted 2500 pounds for a
multi-user Sun4 license. That's approximately US$3900. Is this for real?

Thanks for all replies.