Sun rasterfile conversion to X11.3 xwd

Rob Gabbard sdrc!evgabb at uunet.uu.net
Thu Dec 21 02:43:03 AEST 1989

In article <3795 at brazos.Rice.edu>, smikes at hound.att.com (Steven Mikes) writes:
> I have some files produced by the "screendump" utility on a Sun(3/4) that
> I want to display in an X11.3 application, preferably using the xwud
> utility.  Is there a way to get Sun rasterfile format data directly over
> to x window dump format (without having to write my own utility of course
> ... call me lazy, but I think SOMEONE out there must already have done
> this!) ?

I know this is more of an e-mail thing but I thougt I'd post this to
emphasize a point:

GET THE PBMPLUS KIT THAT WAS POSTED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO !!!!!

I work on Suns under SunView, HPs under X11, I have an Amiga at home and we
have Postscript printers at work. I have had excellent success in using this
utility to convert bitmaps back and forth between all these different imaging
models. Want X11 xwd to Sun raster ? No problem:

			(monochrome)

		xwdtopbm "xwd file" | pbmtorast > "rast file"

			(color)

		xwdtoppm "xwd file" | ppmtorast > "rast file"