Lightweight Processes

Frank D. Greco frank5 at mars.njit.edu
Sun Jul 16 05:02:24 AEST 1989

Does anyone out there have any examples of using the SunOS 4.0 lightweight
process (lwp) library?  The manual does not give any examples and is
ambiguous.  I'm building a lightweight-based server that does
file-downloading and am unsure on how to properly design it.

I've looked thru the Software Tech Bulletins (STB's) but couldn't find
anything there.

Some questions:

1.  Are the "threads" preemptive?  Or do I have to do something like
    yield() to give up the CPU?

2.  Are there true advantages to using lwp's v.s. merely using select()?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks all,

Frank

email is preferable if you don't mind.